Strobe for 5060????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I know this has been done to death but I need one and am not finding the answers by searching. I am looking for a pretty good size strobe. I like the idea of having a modeling light that shuts off when the strobe flashes. I saw one of these but don't rember which one it was. Any help out there? Thanks again Guys, 'all are great!

How did I not find that? Thanks.

Looking at the Inon 180 and Z-220. Is anyone using the 220 with dig? It lists it for nondigital but then in another section, as for dig. Also, is there now a hard wire for a pt 020 case?

http://www.marinecamera.com/strobe_inon.html#

And! What is the difference? Mo flash? Mo is better, IMHO.

Wildcard:
Looking at the Inon 180 and Z-220. Is anyone using the 220 with dig? It lists it for nondigital but then in another section, as for dig. Also, is there now a hard wire for a pt 020 case?

http://www.marinecamera.com/strobe_inon.html#
If you are using the fibre optical cable to trigger the Z220 then as long the digicam's flash doesn't fire a pre-flash it can be used with the digicam. Otherwise it can only be used upto 1/2 power. With your 5060 you can use slave flash in A and M shooting modes to trigger the Z220. In slave flash mode the C5060 doesn't fire a pre-flash hence you can use the entire manual range of the Z220. Be aware that, out-of-the-box, the shutter activated modelling light/target laser won't work with the PT-020. In that respect the Inon Z220s may be a better option.

Yes you can get a sync cord that'll connect the PT-020 bulkhead to the Inon Z220/Z220s (Sea and Sea connector) but triggering it in manual or TTL is another story. Best to contact Mike who makes the sync cords (he's in Germany, info@mike-dive.de).

The Z220 and Z220s is more powerful that the D180. The D180 can't be connected with a sync cord. The D180's modelling light works regardless of housing/connections. The Z220/s is a full manual strobe, the D180 is an 'external auto' strobe - sort of semi auto.

I have the Ikelite DS-125 Digital Strobe with my setup and it worked flawlessly on my month long excursion in Mexico and Belize. I went all Ikelite and am very happy, although I may add a second strobe to get nicer directional lighting. I use a sync cord for the DS-125.

Awsome info! Thanks so much. Sounds like the Z220 is the way to go then?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom