Strobe Arms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cheap way of upgrading my standard Ikelite Arms to Ball and socket (pref ULCS) arms.

Is it possible for me to use my currect Ikelite Tray/quick release handle, or am I better off plumbing for a new tray too?

I want to upgrade to dual strobes next year so buying a new tray isn't too much of a problem as I'll need to get a dual handle one eventually anyway, just that for now I'd like to keep the costs down as much as I can.

Can anyone also recommend somewhere (not neccesarily in the UK) that I can get the arm components and Ikelite (DS50) strobe and handle adaptors?

Thanks for any help.

Paul

This is easy. Just check www.ulcs.com site. They do make adapters/converters so you can use Ikelite strobe with ULCS arm and attach ULCS arm to Ikelite quick relesae handle.
Any ULCS dealer should be able to order you the parts.
One thing I am not sure about is the Ike DS50. They have the DS-125 and many other Ike strobes listed but I did not see a DS 50 on their list of available adapter.

Ikelite has a 1" ball post (same as used in their new deluxe arm package) that works on the quick release tray handle. It is compatible with the ULCS arms, or just use the complete Ikelite deluxe ball and socket arm setup.

Thanks for the info folks.

I managed to source the handle mount and strobe mount from the UK but bought the arms and clamps from good ol' Yuzo (almost 50% cheaper than UK prices!!).

Now I just need to do some serious grovelling to "she who must be obeyed" for the funds for 2 x DS125's - xmas is coming though :bounce:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom