Stranger in Vancouver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanwu

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi everyone from Vancouver,

I'm not so familiar w/ the city & am looking for a good "cheap" place to make decent 12x18" prints onto film from digital....

Any recommendations & cost quotes?? ....LAN

London Drugs does very good work. Locations all over the city. London Drugs Homepage

Costco is another option for perhaps less expensive prints.

My favorite place is London Drugs as well. They're not as cheap as Walmart/Superstore, but their quality is much better (and they use better paper) and they're cheaper than specialized photo shops. I don't have a quote on enlargements. I just use them for developing/printing negatives (around $10).

I phoned around & found out that Lens & SHutter on Broadway does 12x18" for $6.99 a shot...that's a pretty good price to try it out anyway.....or has anyone already tried them?

I've had reprints done by the Lens & Shutter in Pacific Centre downtown (not sure if they're still there with all the changes to the area) but they did good work.

that's good news annasea....i just dropped off a batch at the one on broadway...we'll see...if there's any ting to rant about....

The nice thing about Lens & Shutter over London Drugs is you can ask for tweaking and they'll probably be able to oblige since they don't do the volume that London Drugs does, and therefore, have the time. Good luck!

Actually, that's exactly the way it went. I told them initially that i was really concerned about the colors coming out properly...so they suggested that i print some 4x6's first to get the right print/colors....Then i submitted the 4x6 examples to the printer & they'll tweak accordingly.....They were quite helpful at Broadway...

annasea:
The nice thing about Lens & Shutter over London Drugs is you can ask for tweaking and they'll probably be able to oblige since they don't do the volume that London Drugs does, and therefore, have the time. Good luck!
I've asked for tweaking on hundreds of rolls of film (printing) at London Drugs and they haven't argued yet, although they probably secretly wanted to kill me.

Same experience with London Drugs - my partner does ALOT of digital and she is very particular about colour. London Drugs has been pretty good re colour matching.

Back
Top Bottom