Storing wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hdtran

Geography Police
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone used these to store their wetsuits?

Any comments?

Thanks!

Most people hang them on hangers. Either regular "home" hangers, typically larger/thicker ones or the ones especially made for wetsuits. Folding wetsuits sometimes has an effect on them by leaving creases in them.

what kind of hanger is that in your picture? a padded one or one that has in inflatable section? I'm betting that an inflatable one wouldn't hold air for a long period, such as all winter long.

Hang em high :eyebrow: but seriously the best way to hang them is on the nice thick hanger UK makes nice thick ones especailly for suits as well as there's a hanger called the shoulder saver it works great especially on drysuits and they're cheap too.

mike_s:
Most people hang them on hangers. Either regular "home" hangers, typically larger/thicker ones or the ones especially made for wetsuits. Folding wetsuits sometimes has an effect on them by leaving creases in them.

what kind of hanger is that in your picture? a padded one or one that has in inflatable section? I'm betting that an inflatable one wouldn't hold air for a long period, such as all winter long.

It's an inflatable.

I have wood hangers, plastic hangers (about 3/8" thick plastic, I think), & the dry cleaning cheapie wire hangers. I know not to use the cheapie wire stuff. I was thinking maybe the inflatables would be better than the wood or plastic type.

I'm not sure I can justify spending $20 for a specially designed wetsuit hanger, vs $3 for the inflatable (unless, of course, as you say, the inflatable deflates :11: )

hdtran:
It's an inflatable.

I have wood hangers, plastic hangers (about 3/8" thick plastic, I think), & the dry cleaning cheapie wire hangers. I know not to use the cheapie wire stuff. I was thinking maybe the inflatables would be better than the wood or plastic type.

I'm not sure I can justify spending $20 for a specially designed wetsuit hanger, vs $3 for the inflatable (unless, of course, as you say, the inflatable deflates :11: )

I doubt the inflatable would hold air for as long as I hang them. Typically about 6 months during winter. But give it a try. you never know.

I hang mine either on one the kind "suit jackets" are used for or some really thick plastic ones that are over 1" thick that I picked up at Walmart or Kmart.

Not all the scuba ones are $20, but they don't' get down to 99 cents either. Nothing in scuba diving accessories is cheap. just look around some and maybe you can find some on sale.

You could always make some out of 2" or 3" PVC pipe and some fittings,etc.

Take 3 plastic hangers and some duct tape. Tape them together and you have a Wetsuit hanger.

I can't imagine that an inflatable one would even hold that weight very well, But yes, my hunch is that it wouldn't hold air for very long. I can't believe someone actually is selling that.

I use regular plastic hangers with two pieces of roll bar padding on them - I happened to have extra lying around and it worked like a charm - it makes a hanger with wide padded shoulders and doesn't absorb any water. You can pick up a piece at your local speed shop for about $5 - it will be enough to make 3 or 4 hangers.

Jackie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom