Storing Double hose regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigRed96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Evening All, I was wondering what you're using as far as storage for you dh regs when traveling? I use common reg bags for my single hose regs but was thinking they wouldn't be adequate for the dh regs due to the differing dimensions. I was thinking about a padded camera bag. After putting considerable money into the dh regs I want to keep them as safe as possible during transit whether it be in my dive trailer or when flying.

I just pack it in my carry on with cloths around it as padding. I remove all the hoses to prevent any crimping of the hoses....wall actually, I don't install the hoses since I store them without hoses installed.

I ship 'em like I store them.

First, I remove the hoses and make sure it's all as dry as can be. That starts by blowing and wiping it dry before I unyoke from the tank valve after use. Don't want any water inside the regulator. Avoid it like the plague and take extra steps to get it all as dry as possible before storing.

I wrap the reg in soft cloth and seal it inside a large ziplock bag that I charge with dry SCUBA air and then vacuum-evacuate before sealing.

On the road, I'd wrap that in a towel and carry it someplace safe.

Mine live on a wall or in a string bag

007.JPG

I've had to find a new wall recently that I haven't found yet

When traveling by vehicle, I use a Rubbermaid tote box.

Z3oKLupcpEx_.JPG

Just wrap a towel around the body, I usually place two DH regs per tote.

Back
Top Bottom