storing dive gear in thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquajude

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, I'm coming to Thailand for some diving, both liveaboard around the similan's and probably some local diving around kata or whatever... While I'm in town though I'm interested in having a bit of a look around the rest of Thailand and possibly (gasp) doing some non-diving related travel. Thus I'm interested in ditching my 20Kg of dive kit whilst I go bush for a bit.

What's the best way of storing gear (probably Phuket, maybe Bangkok), Will expensive hotels offer storage (at a cost)? Or do you need to actually stay with them? Does Bangkok Airport offer storage these days? Any advice would be appreciated..

Cheers all,

Jude

I agree with Ringo, however, if you want to store in Bangkok and the hotel won't accept it, PM me and I'll help out

aquajude:
Hi, I'm coming to Thailand for some diving, both liveaboard around the similan's and probably some local diving around kata or whatever... While I'm in town though I'm interested in having a bit of a look around the rest of Thailand and possibly (gasp) doing some non-diving related travel. Thus I'm interested in ditching my 20Kg of dive kit whilst I go bush for a bit.

What's the best way of storing gear (probably Phuket, maybe Bangkok), Will expensive hotels offer storage (at a cost)? Or do you need to actually stay with them? Does Bangkok Airport offer storage these days? Any advice would be appreciated..

Cheers all,

Jude

I recently read that on the new airport a lot things got stohlen in the storage, so I wouldn't do that. But a nice DC might help you.
I had the experience that either a DC does not like any stuff is there because they are afraid of problems if something get lost or others which offered me on holidays that after the first dive I let everything stay with them all the time, if I dive again or not, so I don't need to walk arround with it or have it in a small room.
Usually Thai people are very helpfull, on own risk you might store it at any restaurant or pub, for just paying them a few beers. Usually the people are very honest and nothing get lost. But of course it is some risk. To avoid negative answers you should show them what it is, they might don't ask you (unpolite) but refuse to store it as now everyone is paranoid about bombs in Thailand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom