storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you hang it on a hanger that goes through the neck opening, be warned that the neck seal could get stretched & not seal anymore (don't ask).

I now store mine folded with the zipper open.

We always recommend storing your suit in a bag in an area that is not over heated or over cooled. Remember also to never store the suit near a refrigerator or a air conditioner. The worst thing for your suit is sunlight and florecent light. Everyone will argue, but we only recommend storing your suit with talcum powder on your seals. Good luck with your suit.:D

Jerry,

Could you PM me please? I have a question for you.

I store my drysuits in a cool, dark, dry place, with the zippers waxed and open and the seals powered. I drape the suit over a two and half foot section of PVC pipe that has a piece of 1/2 polypro rove through it to serve as a hanger.

CF200's take a long time to dry, so I'd treat it different than the shell suits. I hang mine by the boots (DV boots) in one of those gear hangers, then wax the zipper and leave it open like Thalassamania said. Let it dry for a couple of days before bagging it. Hanging it upside down also allows it to dry faster if you rinse the inside.

One of the guys in the locker with a DUI has a board with 2 holes (maybe 6") that he pushes the boots through with an eyehook in the middle for hanking.

Isn't it bad for the arms of the suit to be hanging unnaturally upside down. If you fold it over a piece of PVC or hang it by the boots, won't the arms be hanging funny ?

BillNH:
Isn't it bad for the arms of the suit to be hanging unnaturally upside down. If you fold it over a piece of PVC or hang it by the boots, won't the arms be hanging funny ?

After reading this, I thought about it and stumbled around the garage to take a look at my (hanging upside down) CF200. Naah. The arms are pretty light compared to the rest of the suit and there doesn't appear to be any undue stress. I'd say that it wouldn't hurt anything. I put a LOT more stress on the arms just getting in the dang thing.

And the OP was talking about a CF200. Mine takes DAYS to dry out completely, and I'd hate to have some funky smell or mildew growing on my suit while it's in the bag. I guess he could put some old towels on the floor then put the suit on top of them until it dries out if he's worried about the arms, then fold it up and put it in the bag when it's dry.

I store my D/S similarly to Thas.

I made a hangar from some 6" PVC with caps on each end. I drilled holes in the end caps with a hole saw that acommodates a piece of 2" PVC inserted through the wrist seals when the suit is hung to keep the arms outstreached.

I took a piece of stainless steel 1" wide and 50" long and rolled it into a flexible hoop that I insert at the waist line to keep it open when it's stored.

I keep the zipper open and waxed. There is a link of chain coming down from the floor joist that lets me hang the suit up with the boots on the floor to remove additional stress from the shoulder area when stored.

I'm fortunate to have ample room in my basement for all our scuba gear.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom