Stopping leaks in omega 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaalblake

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, tried this in the regulator forum without much luck so trying again here in case Oceanic can help. Have a couple of omega 2 second stages which I like cos they are not handed (can be used upside down). I am a licensed instructor and have an oceanic servicing certificate. Problem is I can't get one of the units to stop bleeding a small but continuous amount of air from the main valve (ie NOT the pilot valve) Have fully serviced according to manual, replaced all appropriate parts (main diaphragm, seat, oring, lever). Reassembled as per specs. First stage pressure is ok. So what I am asking is whether there are any 'tips' as to how to get these second stages to seat. I don't need 'take it to your lds' - that's me. I don't need 'replace worn parts' - done it. I don't need 'diaphragm is upside down' - it isn't. I'm looking for something like 'back in my day we serviced hundred of these and always lubricated with chicken fat while standing on one leg' - or someing similar! You know, the tip that isn't in the manual.
Hoping someone can help.

Hello, my experience of Omega 2 convince me thatit's very important to keep the parts in touch with the flow of air very clean, dry and without grease.
Hoping it could help you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom