Stop webbing from shifting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,
I took my new bp/w out for a spin (in Cozumel and Playa del Carmen area) and love it but find the webbing tightens up at the shoulders when I tighten up the waist. So the shoulders get pretty tight after a dive.
I had put small HOG weight pockets on either side and they shift around like crazy. I tried to use the keepers/D-rings to arrest the movement but that didn't really work.
As a remedy, I ordered more keepers to stop the webbing from moving but is the best place right where the webbing exits the front of the plate? Will this solve the shifting?
I am also thinking of moving the weight pockets to the tank bands. I use b/w 3-4 kilo so only have to deal with 2 pieces.
As an aside, I had purchased my bp/w package from DRIS after Thanksgiving Hog Singles BP/W Package and they were out of the HOG wing so substituted a DiveRite Travel EXP wing at no extra charge. A killer deal I think considering the EXP wing cost about the same as the entire package I bought. Their service was pretty amazing too.

Thanks

The smaller tri-glides can sometimes be pulled through the slots if you have fairly heavy weight pockets on the belt, which is a pain.

So here is how I have my setup rigged and it hasn’t given me any issues

51DD7583-2491-4D19-A86B-90F4A62F0DFB.jpeg
75F738C3-B6D0-456D-A905-F367FC44A3DA.jpeg
856188B8-3B60-4493-B3C5-F65979DA670D.jpeg

Same place everybody else has shown. Back side of plate where the shoulder strap becomes the waist strap.
Actually, M-Camerons photo shows the tri-glide AFTER the weight pocket, not on the back of the plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom