Stinkin' Turtles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lost Yooper

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK, so I got some Turtles, but what is that stench? The lubrication on the rubber stinks really bad. This didn't go over well with the wife :D. I tried soaking them in water with Simple Green, but so far, that hasn't worked.

Any solutions?

Mike

If they're made of natural rubber, it's the normal ambience of tree gum. Almost all rubber gear used to smell like that. My BioFins have that wonderful aroma. Otherwise, don't know.

remain underwater and you will not be able to smell them.

GM -- LOL!

This reminds me of an experience I had working in a department store one summer when I was in college.

A guy showed up to return a pair of dress shoes he had bought the previous day. When asked why he was returning the shoes, he complained that they smelled "too much like leather"....

imagine how bad it smells when you get three pairs of those guys in one room!

My wife refuses be in the same part of the building with them.

They will lose most of the stench once they have been in the cold water...at least that has been my experience.

CC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom