Still on crutches - Singing Sands Placencia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

L Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks for replies earlier this week to my questions. RoatanMan, if you read this - I DID look into CoCoView, and darnit, all the rooms are filled! You can bet I'm going there on my next "real" dive trip. I want to scuba their "front yard". Also, it seems too depressing to go and not dive such an awesome place.

Since I *may not* have full ankle use by May 23 - we're looking at Singing Sands in Placencia, where we'll kick back some, and *maybe* take advantage of the occasional dive/snorkel trip. Apparently good snorkeling nearby, and dive trip opportunities if I can kick, carry gear, etc.

My questions:
1. Anyone stay at Singing Sands? Comments? Like a good Scubaboard member, I did a search, and can't find ANY posts. Is this a bad thing?

2. How calm is the water off Placencia May 23-30? I'm reading conflicting reports.

Thanks!!! :10:

Just FYI, the reefs are pretty far away in placencia, so you will have a descent boat ride to get out to them. That being said, we snorkeled and dove there 2 years ago and both were great--the snorkeling in particular. We did one of those bbq/snorkel tours--had a great lunch and a little caye all of ourselves. It was sublime! We found we had to do a lot of walking in Plancencia--up and down the boardwalk to get to the restaurants/bars and such. You can drive to the day tour ops--most are down at the end of the road. I don't know where singing sand is located, so I can't help you there. I can't remember at the moment the place we stayed, but it consisted of cinderblock cabanas on the beach (for like $55/nt)--not fancy, but a lot of fun. However, that required a lot of walking, as it was at the end of town (by the dive ops). We really liked Placencia though--very kicked back!

Back
Top Bottom