Still no camera, but the crew has been amazing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am really hoping this odyssey ends with me being reunited with my camera. However, I can’t let the opportunity go by without giving kudos to Carlos and Cèsar, from the boat Maximus, run/owned by Alison Dennis of Scuba with Allison.

After realizing that my camera was gone, we spent part of the night dive looking for my camera. Then Carlos and Cèsar, the captain, picked me up at the pier at 6:30 so we could go back for a 47 minute dive on Paradise to see if we could find the camera. Obviously, we did not find it. But the kindness shown by these folks is extraordinary. We also put the morning boat behind on preparation by 45 minutes, (though they were able to make up for it, and the dive boat went out on time for the regular dives), yet nobody was anything but kind to me. Their attitude throughout this has made losing my favorite toy in the world a little bit easier. Still hoping to find it though.

Many thanks to Carlos, Cèsar and Alison!!

It's been a few years since I've been to Cozumel, but I've done every trip there except one with Alison and Carlos and consider her to be a personal friend, not just my friendly dive op.

Maybe you know this, but Allison doesn't actually like doing night dives because she's very much an early to bed kind of person and it sounds like she didn't actually go out with you the next morning, probably because she was sleeping. But I'm not surprised she sent the boys out. That's how committed she is to her customers.

Tell her I said hi (Kevin from Iowa) and I hope to see her again soon.

And good luck finding that camera. I'd barely be holding it together.

Kimela, Sorry you lost your camera. If you don’t find it I have an Oly EM5 for sale right now and I’ll make you a really good deal. I hate to see anyone suffer without a camera for dive pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom