Still diving yours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkkchris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I love my Zurich and have had no issues with it yet. In light of the fact that the company is now defunct and we no longer have any sort of support for the comp, are you still comfortable diving yours? Or moved on to something else?

Still diving mine, still going strong, about to take it to the Coolidge, see how the flashlight fish like it :)

I'm still diving mine. I have a Pro Plus 2 I'll use if the SDA dies. When the SDA finally dies, I'll get an OLED display computer, probably something from Atomic, Liquivision, or Shearwater.

Ron

Of course, I will dive with my SDA till it does not work anymore (DIY-replacement of the battery included). During the last 2.5 years I did not have one single problem with mine, so I hope it will continuously work properly for some time. I definitely plan to take my SDA on a round the world trip from September 2012 to March 2013...
When the day comes and my SDA passes away I will buy something comparable. I think there is a technology change in the industry right now towards OLED displays. Recently, we have seen a move from several companies to that technology and Uwatec will probably replace their aging flagship Galileo Sol with something new as well within the next two years. We will see...

Last edited:
Still diving mine, and still liking the device. If it dies, it will be replaced by another OLED computer. Which one? No idea yet. To be honest, if it failed right now, I'd have a hard time picking a replacement. The Liquivision Lynx and OSTC would be prime contenders, but neither completely matches my SDA, in my opinion.

Wife still dives hers and I still dive mine on holiday trips.

While at home I use my new Shearwater Predator more as I needed trimix capability.

Still think the SDA was a ground breaker of a design!

I'm also still diving mine - thankfully no problems so far. I now have about a hundred dives on it or so.

Same here. Will dive with it until it breaks (or I get too old.. :cool2:)

Glad to hear people are still diving theirs. For some reason something was bothering me about diving a comp that has no further support, software upgrades, etc.

But, looking at the current comp market, there is really nothing that comes close to the Zurich in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom