Steel tanks in Cleveland area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arod15

Registered
Reaction score
Been on the lookout for steel tanks for a while and can only find LP 72s. Find good deals every now and then but they aren't so good when you include shipping. Anyway, I'd like to buy some steel tanks in the area. I'm open to different sized tanks, just want to see if there is anything available.

do you have any lp72's now?? I have a few steel hp3500 Din only tanks.....they are going in for hydro and vip tomorrow matter of fact...I am looking to match up a 72 to the one i already have...let me know....p.s. lp72's make great tanks for slight overfilling...but not trying to start any major discussion..thanks jec

I don't have any 72s on hand, but the shop I am considering buying them from sells them for $90-100 with hydro/vip/fill.

Sorry..worked midnight shift last night...just got around... my little 72 was orig made in 1979! Just got hydro'd last month and vip'd. Filled to 3000psi it lasts longer than a al80! I really like it! 90 to a 100 a pop is right on track for what I paid for a initial buy of 50 for tank, 50 for hyd+ vip and valve rebuild!! I think they are better than al80's just my two cents! Hope you find some tanks...p.s. used to live in the Warren/youngstown area and miss going to Cleveland...GO INDIANS!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom