steel tank size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100ydacvp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
whats the word on the Worthington X8 130, is it really worth the extra 10 CU FT?
Some one told me there is going to by a 140 in the works...any truth to that?

One advantage to diving with Worthington tanks is that you can save money by giving up your health club membership. No need to lift weights anymore.

Last edited:
What type of diving are you doing? If you are tech, wreck or cave diving, they may very well be worth the extra 10cf, as it may mean that you will be able to plan a longer dive. If you are just doing reef dives, then, no.

What extra 10cf? Compared to what?

Compared to a 120cf cylinder? I'd say it is worth it, but again the 120 is a different diameter and length (thinner and longer) and fits some body sizes better. Personally I'm a big fan of 130s; they are fantastic singles and doubles.

One advantage of a 130 is I can get two shallow dives in with it and still have reserve gas,not so with my 100.

what about the aluminum 100's, mabey some cave diving later on around october, not to hot on the tech side but I will soon be next season.

I have both the hp100 and hp120. I like the size of the hp100 over the hp120 out of water but in the water I dont noticed a difference.

Back
Top Bottom