Wanted Steel HP100 OR hp120 tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

those are two very different tanks... One sucks, one is awesome....
I would choose the awesome tank! AL=Avoid like the plague; Steel=Always awesome. If you want to carry more lead with you during a dive and have less air capacity, go with AL tank but if you want to lighten your overall lead use, go with Steel. Not sure what your budget is but keep in mind that a steel tank will cost considerably way more than a AL tank.

I would choose the awesome tank! AL=Avoid like the plague; Steel=Always awesome. If you want to carry more lead with you during a dive and have less air capacity, go with AL tank but if you want to lighten your overall lead use, go with Steel. Not sure what your budget is but keep in mind that a steel tank will cost considerably way more than a AL tank.[/
Definitely want to go with a Steel tank , I changed the title. I know the steel tank cost more, this is why I am searching here. Versus new.

Definitely want to go with a Steel tank , I changed the title. I know the steel tank cost more, this is why I am searching here. Versus new.

It all makes sense now. Not sure what kind of diving you do but I personally own 4 tanks, 2 HP100s and 2 HP120s. The 100s I use for shore diving and the 120s I use for deeper/boat dives. Its your personal preference to purchase the volume/capacity you need though. The one thing about tanks in general is you may want to ensure that the tank valve is a convertible 200 bar Pro Valve-that way you can use DIN or Yoke first stage on the valve. I switched over to a DIN first stage and love the fact I can use the valve for Yoke if I needed to go back.

I have 2 worthington steel 100s with pro valves (200bar or yoke). Nitrox converted and 2015 hydros. 275 each or 500 for the pair. In Port St Lucie Fl.

Back
Top Bottom