Starting from 2 stars to diving guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello . I'm in love with the diving world and I have no doubt that I want to be a diving instructor..
I already signed up to a program which pass you through 2 stars to
Master diver and so on until diving instructor at tdi sdi.. I have a friend that told me that most diving clubs are padi and I won't be able to work outside Israel if I don't do padi or other organization instructor.. I'm not saying that main target is to wirj outside the country but I do want. What do you think?

SDI/TDI have a large presence worldwide, you should be able to get work outside of Israel with that qualification. However, the vast majority of "dive destination" shops are PADI affiliated so if you have a PADI instructor rating, you will have a lot more opportunities to choose from.

However, once you are an instructor it is not very difficult to cross over to another agency later so if you are getting a good deal from the SDI shop then go for it, if you can get a similar priced PADI deal and you KNOW you want to use it later outside of Israel, then I would look at doing that.

Either way, the "Going Pro" section here will have a lot of useful information for you, located here:
Going Pro

Best of luck either way and welcome to ScubaBoard!

I Thank you very much.. the diving shop whicj I'm going to.be doing the course is very professional,the most in eilat so I'm going to continue there .best regards from Israel

SDI/TDI have a large presence worldwide, you should be able to get work outside of Israel with that qualification. However, the vast majority of "dive destination" shops are PADI affiliated so if you have a PADI instructor rating, you will have a lot more opportunities to choose from.

However, once you are an instructor it is not very difficult to cross over to another agency later so if you are getting a good deal from the SDI shop then go for it, if you can get a similar priced PADI deal and you KNOW you want to use it later outside of Israel, then I would look at doing that.

Either way, the "Going Pro" section here will have a lot of useful information for you, located here:
Going Pro

Best of luck either way and welcome to ScubaBoard!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom