Starting camera advise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mousy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

This summer i'll be doing my divemaster course. During this course I would like to make some pictures of this experience. Which camera can you recommend for a starting photographer? What's the price and sizeof such a camera?

I hope you can advise me!

Greetings

Mousy :mousy:

I am surprised no one has answered you yet but I understand why.
First: Many people here on the board will likely tell you that taking pictures while doing your Divemaster course is not the right time or place to do that.
Second: There are too many cameras to even mention here. Do a search on the board for this subject as there are many threads on it.
Third: What is a "starter camera"? Is it one that takes okay pictures and you find out you hate it so you get rid of it and buy a better one. My two cents worth on your question is spend the time to do some research and buy a good camera. This board is an excellent place to do that for starters.

Please do your research first. This site has an excellent search feature or simply go through this forum and read the posts pertaining to beginning or new cameras. This question is asked weekly so you shouldn't have trouble finding it.

As Gilligan mentioned there are so many variances to choosing a camera. We would need lots more information before even beginning to answer your question.

As a Divemaster myself, I can guarantee if you are taking pictures during your training, you're not learning what you need to learn to earn that certification. Do your students a favor and wait until you get through the DM training before taking on another task intensive project. They deserve your undivided attention.

Back
Top Bottom