Starting a resort / dive travel business in Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sierradays

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Good morning: Does any one have any insight or experience in this endeavor. Looking to start small & buildup as we go. Any comments or suggestion welcome.
Thanks.

What exactly do you have in mind? We don't really have dive resorts per-se here (no house reef to speak of, for example). There are a couple of places that have lodging and a boat, but not too many. Do you want to start up a diver-friendly resort? Or do you want to start a boat tour business? Or both together?

Phuket seems to be a pretty saturated market.

It might be worth looking at some of the smaller islands.

Hi Quero. Looking to start the lodging first, contract the diving out. My friend in the Midwest owns a dive

shop this will be one source for guests. Start with small groups at first a full service resort that feels like family. I figure the market will be saturated with dive operations, this will be more diver & non diver friendly.
My friend is a instructor,trainer,certifier and a Tech,cave,rebreather instructor. This also will be beneficial for both of us...

Thanks, For the information. It is about the journey not the destination. Mahalo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom