Starke, FL diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDiverMark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be in starke, fl next week (1/10-10/15) for military training. Is there any local diving around there? And if so does anyone wanna show me around?

My grandfather was born in the area, but he moved away about 100 years ago, sorry.

It's not all that far from Ginnie, Devil's Den, or Blue Grotto. There may others even closer, I don't dive fresh water often and get to Starke even less often.

Yea they're all around 2 hourrs away..

I was wondering if anything was closer as I wont really have a car.

I did some of my OW training dives in Kingsley Lake decades ago. :shocked2:
Don't know if there is access anymore, but I do remember there wasn't much to see in dark water.
Closest to Stark and much better dives would be these springs which about 50 miles/1 hr away: Ginnie, Blue Grotto, Devils Den, etc.
You can also check for dive charters out of Jacksonville (also about 1 hr away).
Chris Conrad at Scuba Lessons Jax: 904-346-4246, info@scubalessonsjax.com, should have more current information.

I am located in Jacksonville and I have my own dive business. You are basically in the middle of north florida. You can either choose the springs or a charter boat in the ocean in Jacksonville. If I can be of any assistance here is my website: Fins Of Fun

have fun !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom