Standalone Sidemount Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Addison Snyder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm considering getting a Katana vs building a custom sidemount bcd, and was wondering if there were any decent generic sidemount wings out there. Ideally I'd love it if DGX had a Katana-like bladder, but they don't. Are there any options that I haven't seen?

I can't tell whether that goes on your backplate or on your tanks for no-mount.

I can't tell whether that goes on your backplate or on your tanks for no-mount.
There's no backplate in an SM system unless you're running Toddy Style. That wing either hardmounts with a sex screw (or two) or with bungee only, similar to the XDeep Classic wing.

Honestly if it's your first SM harness, I'd buy something off the shelf. With the Drop D-rings on either the XDeep or the K2, I'd replace them with Sump UK drop-Ds.

I've been sidemounting with a used Nomad XT (plastic backplate) for about a year. It's been pretty bulky and I've been looking to get something more clean for the future. I've been diving Florida caves with steels recently and plan to do so for a while.

Back
Top Bottom