Stage Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlent

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What do you guys use to hold down the regulator hose on your 40cf and 80cf deco tanks? Is there somewhere online that I can buy a whole bunch of these rubberband type things?

You can get the giant rubber band style from Halcyon or a pottery store. Innter tube holds up better in hotter climates though since the bands melt and break.

Diverite makes elastic bands which don't break. They aren't cheap, nor do they always have the proper tension (sometimes they are insanely tight).

DSS makes a "connector" for bungie cord. Kinda like a plastic tab. Haven't used them supposedly prevents major rolling of the bungie.

I like inner tube the best when I have bare hands. With drygloves and thick liners I need the extra material "tabs" on these fabric/bungie alternatives. I just can't pick up the inner tube to restow with fat cold fingers.

I have the Dive Rite bands and they are indeed way too tight. I use them as the bottom strap on my bottles now, top is a 3/8 inch piece of bungee tied with a fisherman's knot-which provides a bit of a knot to grip when re-stowing regs.

Thanks everyone!

I use the inner tube and put it OVER the stage rigging. Even with drygloves, I can pick up the inner tube at the stage handle to restow.

I use the inner tube and put it OVER the stage rigging. Even with drygloves, I can pick up the inner tube at the stage handle to restow.

Yeah that's fine for the upper band (its what I do too). I now prefer the lower band below the stage rigging though, keeps the 2nd stage about 1/2way down the tank. Definately can't pick anything off the tank without a "tab" to grab. :(

Yeah that's fine for the upper band (its what I do too). I now prefer the lower band below the stage rigging though, keeps the 2nd stage about 1/2way down the tank. Definately can't pick anything off the tank without a "tab" to grab. :(
For temporary stowing there's no need to put it under both bands, upper one is enough. Upper band is somewhere on half of the tank (little bit higher), over stage harness. Lower band is below the clamp. On surface you put hose under both straps - hose loop is out of the way of lower boltsnap - you don't risk entangling hose when you clip off boltsnap to hip D-ring. When stowing you easily find and pull the strap following harness with your thumb.

For temporary stowing there's no need to put it under both bands, upper one is enough. Upper band is somewhere on half of the tank (little bit higher), over stage harness. Lower band is below the clamp. On surface you put hose under both straps - hose loop is out of the way of lower boltsnap - you don't risk entangling hose when you clip off boltsnap to hip D-ring. When stowing you easily find and pull the strap following harness with your thumb.

That's what I do now, but I'm anal and wanna stow the whole hose :eyebrow:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom