Stage cylinder identification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caveman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all

I have spotted a stage cylinder being sold for a very good price and looks to be in solid form and condition. However, I am having a bit of trouble trying to identify the markings.

From the picture, can anyone tell me what brand the cylinder is from, its age, last service date etc. I will get in touch with the seller before making any concrete decisions, but I was hoping for some opinions here as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1d0bad7eaf1c4d61b4841148b8dad03e.jpg

This needs better pictures of the crown markings to be sure about manufacturer/size and current hydro status. the readily identified information is that it is a brushed aluminum tank likely born in 2002, probably requalified in 2011, possibly a luxfer s80, and that the thermo valve is 3000 psi convertible din/yoke.

This needs better pictures of the crown markings to be sure about manufacturer/size and current hydro status. the readily identified information is that it is a brushed aluminum tank likely born in 2002, probably requalified in 2011, possibly a luxfer s80, and that the thermo valve is 3000 psi convertible din/yoke.
Thank you! Even if the cylinder is still in good condition, I would want as long of a lifespan out of it as possible so maybe I'll buy a cylinder and valve new.

The same bloke is selling this regulator set as well. Perhaps more worthwhile to go with this reg considering its a DST, 2nd stage and gauge for a quarter of what it would normally cost.
09995a6a79164d96b72a0ada987cd89e.jpg

6061 tanks don't have a finite lifespan, so if it is in good shape and passes hydro then it should be fine. the stage reg is an apeks tx40/dst. looks to be in good shape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom