stage bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doc6464

Registered
Reaction score
When I dive with my stage bottle (a 40 cu al) I attach it to d rings in 2 places-my waste and my chest. I have seen a few people attach their stage or deco tanks only at the waste. Are the differences only a matter of personal preference, or are there reasons for only hooking a cylinder in one place?

Happy diving

Different strokes for different folks. I tend to tether my stage bottles in 2 places as well because I don't do any diving that requires me to unhook and leave any behind.

I agree with Mario, it really depends on your preferences aswell as your dive profile....

Hello nycaquanaut, welcome to the boards... one quick question for you: Have you done the Doria yet? Do tell!

doc6464,
If you need to carry several stagebottles on you through the dive, you can have one stage attached the "proper" way (at the chest- and hip-D-ring), and the rest hang at your hip in only their neck-boltsnaps. (thus going in the slipstream beside your leg.) And you then bring up the bottles one by one to the chest-ring when you need them. This method might keep the possible confusion down to a minimum.

Hope it made sence.
/Andreas

Back
Top Bottom