Staff Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuberd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
So yesterday I called 4 of the biggest dive operations on the island asking about tank servicing. Not one person I talked to was able to answer my questions. 3 of the 4 had never heard of Eddy current testing and had no idea what I was talking about. They also had zero training in regards to hydro testing or VIPs. I was a bit flabbergasted as a lot of this is covered in a typical open water course and I know at least 2 of the people I spoke to are instructors.

My question is this: Is there a market for training and consulting in our industry? Would you be interested in having an expert come in and spend some time with you or your crew going over the things that don't come up everyday?

This would apply to more than just tank testing. What about marketing consulting? Bookkeeping and accounting? Anything else?

It all depends on how you structure it and the costs. I think that many shops prefer to do their training in house since shop operations are usually specific to the shop and they "should" have an instructor on staff who can train folks up. I'm not sure how you could price it at a point where it was worthwhile to you and still something the shop would consider. Just my 2 cents though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom