St. Vincent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

choiahoy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone dove St. Vincent recently? We're considering it for a week-long trip in November, but most of the information I've found on the island is a bit dated. But from what I've read, it sounds right up my alley--quiet and safe island, short boat rides, good critter and muck diving, healthy reefs.

Would love to hear someone's recent experience on the island...

Has anyone dove St. Vincent recently? We're considering it for a week-long trip in November, but most of the information I've found on the island is a bit dated. But from what I've read, it sounds right up my alley--quiet and safe island, short boat rides, good critter and muck diving, healthy reefs.

Would love to hear someone's recent experience on the island...

My Wife and I loved St Vincent. We were just there in June. I was actually there for a conference but we went early to do some diving. Excellent reefs, walls, several small wrecks and Lionfish hunting. We went with Indigo Dive Home who picked us up on the beach every morning as we were staying at the Beachcomber. Hotel in St. Vincent and the Grenadines - Beachcombers Hotel.

Very friendly people we met throughout our trip. We felt very safe walking around off the hotel property and got to experience some of the local culture.

There are other dive ops on the island but I would absolutely give Indigo Dive a look. It was just my Wife and I with the Indigo Dive folks so just the 4 of us. We got 6 dives in and they were all great.

Last edited:
Has getting there improved? Last time I checked, the puddle jump to the island cost about as much as the flight from the mainland. The travel cost was prohibitive at that time.

Has getting there improved? Last time I checked, the puddle jump to the island cost about as much as the flight from the mainland. The travel cost was prohibitive at that time.

Not sure of flights out of the US. Air Canada flight to Barbados plus the Liat connection was $900 CDN per person return. No issues with the actual flights.

It's kind of pricey (around $750) with one stop in Trinidad, but it's a holiday weekend and I have some miles saved...

We're St Vincent fans but haven't been there in a long time, partly because it was such a PITA. The new airport has been open for awhile and there is a bit more airlift gradually falling in place. Some is seasonal, charter, or puddle jumpers, and seems like alot is from Canada. But American is going to start flying there starting in December - we're thinking of going in January. Caribbean Airlines may also be a decent option from the US. Probably still not cheap, but anything has to better than LIAT.

Last edited:
Caribbean Airlines may also be a decent option from the US. (Anything has to better than LIAT.)
It's Caribbean Airlines from JFK to SVD with one stop in Trinidad. It 'seems' like a relatively painless flight, and prices are generally pretty high during Thanksgiving anyway.

Debating between St Vincent and Grenada. I've just had my eye on St Vincent for some time.

Last edited:
We're StProbably still not cheap, but anything has to better than LIAT.

I just remembered. LIAT weighed our carry on luggage on the way home. Not cool with a bag stuffed with SCUBA gear.

Last edited:
I just remembered. LIAT weighed our carry on luggage on the way home. Not cool with a bag stuffed with SCUBA gear.
That’s going to be true for almost any small planes anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom