St. Thomas, Virgin Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krisher

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'll be arriving in St Thomas (via Princess Cruises) Mon, April 12th.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Dive Shop/Operator?

Any dives I shouldn't miss?

I'm trying to see if I can set this up on my own. My experience with dives booked with the cruise have been hit or miss. Everyone I've talked to said to book yourself.

Either Admiralty Dive Center or Blue Island Divers will pick you up at the Havensight cruise pier. If your ship docks at Crown Marina you can walk to Blue Island Divers.

I've read dives booked through the cruiseline are often done at Coki Beach. It's a shallow, average dive and a 1/2 hr. van ride to the East End. I'd book with one of the above instead.

I'm currently there right now. I did 3 days of 2 tank dives and it was fantastic. I would HIGHLY recommend St Thomas Dive Club. They are a truly amazing dive shop with very knowledgable staff. Don't go to Coki. You're not missing mucha and there are some very shady things that happen there. Plus all the best diving is on the south side. I would not miss Cow and Calf. I can easily say that I have never experienced something that breathetaking. French Cap is also really nice if weather conditions permit. I saw some great things and I am really happy I went with the St Thomas Dive Club.

I was just in St Thomas March 28- April 2 2010. I dove with Blue Island divers and they were excellent. Divemasters were excellent and extrememly knowledgeable. I dove the Miss Oppurtunity which is about 100' and with full penetration. This was my first penetration and was excellent. We also dove the chrysler wreck area which had scattered small pieces of wreckage but the best part was the massive(second largest in the world) staghorn coral reef. It was truly amazing. I did 4 dives with them in 1 day and would highly recommend them. Annabelle was excellent with putting up with all my emails to get the trip setup. I also dove Coki beach. I did 2 beach dives there with Coki Beach dive club. They were also excellent. The dives were pretty good for beach dives, lots of fish. I will also say i went in to St Thomas Diving Club to rent some snorkeling gear for my wife and sister in law. They were very helpful and even went so far as to draw us a map of the local beach at the resort i was staying at and their beach also. They were able to give us specific details about where to snorkel and what to look for. She even told us where to find an octopus that lived on our resorts beach. They were excellent too. So i'd recommend all three places. I just wish i'd known about the Rhon and how close tortola was to St Thomas. I definetly would have made the trip to dive it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom