St Thomas / Stone Cottage Trip Report - May '08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, that was helpful! Nice photos too.

IMHO you made it to the two best snorkel sites Coki Beach and Hull Bay. Hope you made it out far enough to see in mounding coral in the middle of Hull Bay. For a shore dive, Coki is a great reef dive with plenty of hard and soft corals going down the right side past Coral World. Check it out next time. I'm headed there late in Oct.

IMHO you made it to the two best snorkel sites Coki Beach and Hull Bay. Hope you made it out far enough to see in mounding coral in the middle of Hull Bay. For a shore dive, Coki is a great reef dive with plenty of hard and soft corals going down the right side past Coral World. Check it out next time. I'm headed there late in Oct.
At Hull Bay, tide was going out and we were concerned about current so we stayed pretty close to shore. How deep is the middle of Hull Bay? Have a great trip in October. Where are you staying in STT?

If I remember correctly (don't make me pull out my logbook) we got to 56 ft.

I usually stay at Megans Point. Its older though not as old as the Castle. The two bedroom units have a great view of the bay, it has a great pool, nice tiki bar, and food is great if you don't want to cook. If you want something plush, pampered and new, stay somewhere else. It gets bad reviews and good reviews so availability usually isn't a problem except in the high season. And since its on the north side of the island, no traffic and fewer people.

Back
Top Bottom