St.Thomas Dive Site Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're off on our cruise this weekend for a week, and I have a dive trip set up in St. Thomas during our stop over there. I've got a choice of three sites to choose from, and I'm looking for recommendations from anyone who's actually dove these.

They are the Cow and Calf, The Rhone Wreck, and the French Cap.

Which one would you recommend?

Marc

The Rhone is a good dive...you will need your passport as it is in the British Virgin Islands.....

There is a dive there, dont remember the name...but it has a ton of really fun swim throughs....I am sure they will know just from that description. I dove with the Chris Sawyer group right next to the Rennaisance Hotel.....they would know for sure.

sorry mark....best i can do

The wreck of the Rhone is great. It is excellent for both a deep and a shallow dive. The deep part is the bow and it lays in about 75' of water. there is a nice swim through. THe shallow part of the dive will be the stern. You can see the propeller and large parts of the stern section. Don't forget to rub the port hole for good luck. Oh and watch out for Fang, the resident great barracuda. He's very curious. ANyway..if you get a chance the "Indians" off of Norman island is another great dive. In one dive i saw 2 sharks, turtles and a huge spotted eagle ray. If you don't read this until after you come back from vacation...hope you had a great time. I am off to the BVI in three weeks myself for a dive trip with my brothers. :)

I am planning a trip to the Secret Harbour Beach Resort on May 31 for 5-6 nights and want to get a 8 dive package together. Anyone with info about the best dive sites would be appreciated. I am an Advance Diver. Thanks a bunch. By the way, this is my first entry. I am a new member as of today. Is the Rhone by St Thomas? Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom