Question ST. Thomas Current Island situation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SusanMarie

Registered
Reaction score
We haven't dove in 2 years and want to go back to our diving roots in St. Thomas to refresh. But we've heard that renting a car there is almost impossible these days. We won't go if we can't get a car. Anybody have information about this? Thank you!

have you considered st croix instead if you aren't coming in on a cruise ship? i've dived st thomas and would not really bother repeating

have you considered st croix instead if you aren't coming in on a cruise ship? i've dived st thomas and would not really bother repeating
We agree that StT isn't the best place to dive. Cozumel and Roatan are our favorites, but we need to get our feet wet again and are looking to our favorite dive op, Coki Dive Center to help us brush up on our skills.

Depends on how far out you are booking. I booked in March for end of July with no issues. Rental car, 2 units at Sapphire, airline tixs. Last minute probably will not work. And agree the diving isn't the best. But beats sitting at computer. We booked as mom and stepdad had American Airlines credits to spend, wanted something Caribbean beachy and needed a non-stop location from PHL (knee issues).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom