St Martin's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Far_X

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Who, why, where? My warm water dive buddy is heading off there next February with her girlfriends. She is extending her stay as I want to go out and dive with her. Which is the best side, French or Dutch or does it not make much difference? How does it compare with Bonaire? As we are not going on a dive package, is it easier to negotiate for boat dives when we are there?

Here's some dive site maps I've found as I prep for my own trip there this July.

Seems the majority of the dives are off the Dutch side, as are the majority of the operators. Simpson Bay has the 'smaller' more serious operators while the big cruise ship dock off Great Bay will have the cattlecall operators.

If you're there long enough consider a transfer from St. Martin to Saba for the diving there. Here's a map of their sites.

--Note - by linking to maps I am not implying any endorsement of or experience with any of the dive operators involved. I'm just passing on what I've researched. Information is not knowledge.-- I have exchanged emails with the guys at Saba Deep and found them to be very responsive and personable in reply, but can't say more until I return after July. I did dive Saba myself back in 1991 or so and recall it being spectacular, but I wasn't then (and am not now) a deeply experienced diver so 'your mileage may vary'.

Back
Top Bottom