St. Maarten

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jahhaas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I had pretty much decided to spend a week in February in Aruba then Delta changed it's flight schedule and we would have to spend the night in Atlanta to get there. So, we are looking again. We have tickets on Delta that we need to use and are travelling from the midwest which limits our destinations. One place where it looks like we can still travel in one day is St. Maarten. I have checked on Orbitz and some of the beach hotels look nice but I don't know anything about the diving. I dive and my wife doesn't so I'm looking for a good place where she can have things to do while I'm getting wet. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Joe

Try ssearching this section of the board. There are many trheads on St Maartin.

I was there in the June 2004. The diving is worth doing if you are there but not a location you would go to for a dive vacation. While there try to take a day trip to Saba. The diving is excellent. There is a boat or you can fly (it is only a 10 to 12 minute flight that never exceeds 1800 to 2000 feet)

Enjoy the vacation.

We dove St. Maarten this past June and enjoyed it. The diving wasn't spectacular (I usually dive Grand Cayman, but am waiting for my timeshare to rebuild) but nice. We took an overnight excursion to Saba where the diving was much better. If you go, be sure to dive with Dive Safaris in the Simpson Bay area. They were fantastic, and took good care to make sure we had a good time. Their shark encounter was way cool.
We dove with Sea Saba and I was disappointed in their dive crew. The office folk were absolutely wonderful, but some of the crew were not as friendly as I am used to. But, they have a revolving door on that island and crews change often.
Pam

Back
Top Bottom