St Maarten Lodging question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well I have booked a trip to Saba with Lynn at SeaSaba. if it's half the experience stated in the reviews it will be "a most excellent adventure".

Anyhow, I plan to arrive in St Maarten two days early to scope out the island for a possible vacation locale with non-divers in the future.

MY QUESTION IS:

What is everyone's lodging recomendations for two nights in St Maarten?

Well, if you're partial to watching the big jets fly in and out, we stayed at the Sonesta Maho for the night before heading off to Saba. From our room, we could see Saba in the distance, adding to the anticipation.
I'd say it was more hotel-like than resort-like, but, again, it was great for a short stop over before the "real" vacation.

I love to stay in Grand Case, on the French Side. There are various small hotels and apartments along the beach: L'atlantide, apartments upstairs from La California, and the Oceanside.

Mostly good for if you are staying for a week, not 2 nights but you might want to check them out for the future, particularly if you stop by Grand Case for dinner on this trip. Speaking of which, I would recommend Le Cottage.

I can second the recommendation for the Maho. Five minutes from the airport. The Platinum Club is accross the street if that sort of thing floats your boat. Best club I've ever been to bar none.

My air fare was $298 plus tax round trip to St Maarten.

That helped make the decision.

US AIR

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom