St. Lucia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2divers

Reaction score
Scuba diving on St. Lucia
How is it?
What other island would you compare it to?
What dive operator would be best for a small group?
Thanks in advance.
Craig

Where are you going to stay? The diving around the Pitons/Soufriere is very nice. Lots of crabs and lobsters. Try a night dive right out front of Anse Chastanet. I can reccommend their dive op. I dove for a week with them and they were very professional. Some of the diving was drift and some was not. The fish life was nothing spectacular but comparable to the Bahamas. I don't recall anything big but it was certainly entertaining. You will enjoy.

St. Lucia is by far the best Island of the Carribean. I have been there many times over. The locals are very freindly and the Island is a dream. However the diving is less than average. Key Largo is 10 times better than St. Lucia. I would just grab your snorkeling gear and have a great time.

I dove St. Lucia in August of 97, so I can't speak for the current conditions. On the other hand, that caribean region is notorious for healthy reefs, so assuming the ocean life hasn't changed much, if I could get to it as easy as I can get to Key Largo, I would pick St. Lucia any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom