St Lucia Trip with Sealife Reefmaster Mini and SL961 Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texbob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I finally upgraded my gear to include the Sealife SL961 Strobe, and my trip to St Lucia last week was my first foray with this setup. I thought I did ok before without the strobe but now I realize how much of a noob I was thinking those thoughts. I also added a mini Wide Angle lens, and the following are the results. Let me know what you think:

PICT0028_edited-1-1.jpg

PICT0082.jpg

PICT0018_edited-1.jpg

PICT0024_edited-1.jpg

I think the above is a starfish but I don't know what type.

PICT0045_edited-1.jpg

The spotted drum is now may favorite fish especially the juveniles. I have a few shots of juveniles but they are so small and I didn't get close enough.

PICT0060_edited-1.jpg

PICT0102_edited-1.jpg

The funny thing about the last is I didn't know the frogfish was even there. My wife and the DM were excitedly pointing it out so I swam over to see, and I thought: "why is everyone so excited about a dang sea urchin." I took the photo anyway and only later did I see what I missed underwater.

The funny thing about the last is I didn't know the frogfish was even there. My wife and the DM were excitedly pointing it out so I swam over to see, and I thought: "why is everyone so excited about a dang sea urchin." I took the photo anyway and only later did I see what I missed underwater.

That's funny. I don't know how many times stuff like that has happened to me where my wife is pointing frantically and I snap a quick photo to satisfy her and don't have a clue what I'm suppose to be taking a picture of!

Nice shots...the best I've seen with that camera. Makes me want to grab one for my BC pocket.

Thanks for the comments.

After carrying it in my BC pocket for a year, I can now say after seeing the difference, that without a strobe it is only useful for extremely well lit subjects or for taking a "snapshot" of something such as your buddy making a silly face.

I like the pink sponge and crionoid.

I agree with ce4jesus, those are the best shots I've seen with that camera. Very nicely done!

It's funny how often I find stuff in pictures that I didn't realize were there when I took the shot. On our most recent dive in Catalina I shot a picture of a grate lying in a bed of algae which my wife pointed out to me. It wasn't until I saw the picture that I realized she was actually pointing at the rock fish lying on top of the grate!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom