St Lucia dive quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some sites in St. Lucia are good - those to the south. Others mediocre. We were there after a hurricane and some shallow and northern sites were stripped bare. I think it's a bit better than Exuma Bahamas. Much better than around New Providence Bahamas. It is not nearly as good as Fiji, French Polynesia or Cozumel. Though we have not been back to Grande Cayman in many years, as it was then the diving was better than St. Lucia. Having said all this, St. Lucia is still worth diving. It does have a couple of wrecks to dive. I prefer reefs to wrecks.
All I can do is give you my comparisons. I don't know what you expect out of it. Topside St. Lucia can be spectaular around the pitons.

Some great diving in the Soufriere at the base of the Piton's. Fairyland, Anse Chastenet, Superman's Flight etc. are all in this area.

Have been there twice and dived with Scuba Steve's both times and loved it.

-Craig

Superman's Flight was one of the best dives I have done. The one near the bat cave was ok, but my buddy and I were fighting a downward current.

Some sites in St. Lucia are good - those to the south. Others mediocre. We were there after a hurricane and some shallow and northern sites were stripped bare. I think it's a bit better than Exuma Bahamas. Much better than around New Providence Bahamas. It is not nearly as good as Fiji, French Polynesia or Cozumel. Though we have not been back to Grande Cayman in many years, as it was then the diving was better than St. Lucia. Having said all this, St. Lucia is still worth diving. It does have a couple of wrecks to dive. I prefer reefs to wrecks.
All I can do is give you my comparisons. I don't know what you expect out of it. Topside St. Lucia can be spectaular around the pitons.
Thanks fro responding to me.

Some great diving in the Soufriere at the base of the Piton's. Fairyland, Anse Chastenet, Superman's Flight etc. are all in this area.

Have been there twice and dived with Scuba Steve's both times and loved it.

-Craig
Thanks Craig, will look up Scuba Steve!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom