St. John & Fury Shoal Reefs - Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freesub

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!
Going to a week liveaboard trip to mainly St. John & Fury shoal Reef. Going there first week of November ... seems still so far away!!!!
I dived already on Fury Shoal, but I was staying on Land (Lahami Bay) ... Loved it!!! Never been anywhere else in the red sea.

MAIN CONCERN: Anybody knows if Sataya is open?

Moreover I would appreciate any story, experience, advice, sightings, web-sites, ... on those reefs.

Our scheduled trip includes:
Qulan Islands
Abu Korram
Sha'ab Melaya - Sha'ab Claudio
Sha'ab Osama
Abili Kebir - Erg Gaafar - Abili Seghir
Sha'ab Maharus
Marsa Selmi
Sataya (Dolphin reef) if open!
Sha'ab Maksur
Abu Galawa (Already dived there!)

Any reply truly appreciated and .... enjoy all those bubbles to the most!!!

Freesub

Hello Freesub,

I did that liveaboard last year at the end of November and, regardless of the time of year, weather was quite good (bit windy and rough around St. John's, but that was all). For all 6 days I was diving in my 3mm shorty, which I took with me, even everybody told me I should have at least 5mm suite. My advice - if you have one take it (except for the night dive; problems with some medusa planktons, not the temperature).

My favorite location by far was EL MALAHE. Lots of caves, narrow passages, fishes. Really big white-tip oceanic shark on the way back (I was not a hero, believe me). We went to Sataya - nothing special, crowded with boats and no dolphins. Shaab Maksur (turtles and one manta).

Lots of sharks in general, and some dolphins while we were cruising. As a matter of fact, the only place I was swimming with dolphins was on Big Siul on the north cruise.

I'm off to Brothers this year (08.11.) and JUST CAN'T WAIT!!! :eyebrow:

Thanks very much BigBlu_77. I checked the web site.
Wish you best dives around the Brothers ... we might chat after our holidays.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom