St. George's Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billysax

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am contemplating a trip to St. George's Caye in January. I don't know anything about it except what I've been told by the travel group I might be going with. Does anyone out there have any experience on this small island? It has one dive operation/resort with 12 cabanas and two lodge rooms. My group has rented the whole caye and plans to stay for a week. Help me out here before I spend three grand.

Billysax

St Georges Caye is a short hop from Belize City and is a very small island and it has lots of colonial style homes on it which are used by city folk to get away for a weekend.

There is nothing on the island other than private homes and the place you will be staying which is St Georges Lodge built Fred Good a Pioneer of Belize diving, you dont hear too much about St Georges Lodge but it is a well run resort which has been around for as long as I can remember.

Diving round that area is good and Fred really takes good care of his guests I have never heard a bad thing said about it in all my years in Belize.

Gaz Cooper

I've been on a lot of trips with this particular group of divers. We always have a good time. I don't think you will be disappointed.

We were there for a week this past April. By far we really enjoyed our diving here. They really go above and beyond to take care of their guests both on land and water. I have written a review on tripadvisor under the resort. For us it has been our best vacation and diving vacation yet. We can't wait to go back. In fact I am considering taking my mom for a mother/daughter trip. I don't know you, but I believe it is worth the $$$$$ and you should go !!!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom