St. Augustine Scuba: worth getting wet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
St Augustine is a great vacation place, lots to do and see.
I wonder if there are 1 or 2 dive sites there that could add day of diving here as well? Any recommendations as to a dive shop or dive spot? We would rent gear and hire a guide, since we don’t know local conditions.

There are local charters year round. Worth going this time of year as there are many migrations doing on.Sand tigers, rays,cobia, grouper, whales, molas and GWS.Depths are 80' to 130'. Vis can be variable, good to check ahead.

Water temp in St. Augustine in 63 deg today. BRRRRR I did two tanks off Delray the other day 78 on the surface 75 on the bottom

That is the surf temp.The temp rises in winter 1 to 2 degrees for every 10 miles offshore. Where I dive it is rarely under 70, depends on how close the Gulfstream is and if there are any warm water eddies.
It's 68 offshore Charleston right now 150 miles NE of Jax. Gets colder during thermoclines in summer. Vis is usually better down South for sure though.

Are there any dive sites near StAugustine under 60feet deep? My hubby hasn’t gotten AOW yet. And does not dive a lot. I was hoping for an easy shallow dive, doesn’t have to be spectacular, just easy.

I’ve been hearing whale sightings from Flagler area! Now that would be cool!

Sorry,not to much under 60' and it would be cooler with less vis.The big animals are thickest in 80' to 120' right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom