SSI to PADI Reciprocity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onepointfivethumbs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ahoy.

I was planning on diving the Rhone through Dive BVI over Christmas, they offer the SSI Wreck Diver cert with your checkout being the actual site dives.

I am a PADI OWD and I eventually want to do further certifications through my local shop, however since this is through a different agency will PADI recognize equivalency or would I have to repeat the PADI syllabus at a later date? Is there a form I would need to fill out?

Cheers.

Yes.
I’ve got ssi ow PADI advanced DRI instructor, blah blah blah. Remember it’s the qualifications that count not the certifications. The certification is just a card.

Ahoy.

I was planning on diving the Rhone through Dive BVI over Christmas, they offer the SSI Wreck Diver cert with your checkout being the actual site dives.

I am a PADI OWD and I eventually want to do further certifications through my local shop, however since this is through a different agency will PADI recognize equivalency or would I have to repeat the PADI syllabus at a later date? Is there a form I would need to fill out?

Cheers.

I personally wouldn't bother for a specialty course. The only time this could be a minor issue is if your doing a 'gateway' course like Advanced Open Water, leading on to Rescue Diver. Either that or wanting to use Wreck as one of your specialities for Master Scuba Diver.

I personally wouldn't bother for a specialty course. The only time this could be a minor issue is if your doing a 'gateway' course like Advanced Open Water, leading on to Rescue Diver. Either that or wanting to use Wreck as one of your specialities for Master Scuba Diver.

I would like to (eventually) qualify as a Master Scuba Diver, my local shop does Deep, Nav, and Night as the AOW "Adventure Dives" and offer the specialties, so checking this off plus another would satisfy the five.

I would like to (eventually) qualify as a Master Scuba Diver, my local shop does Deep, Nav, and Night as the AOW "Adventure Dives" and offer the specialties, so checking this off plus another would satisfy the five.

For PADI MSD all the specialties have to be done through PADI. This does not mean you can't take an SSI specialty, it won't count towards MSD, but you can take something else for the PADI requirement. Have fun, its more important than plastic.

Bob

Must be a PADI issued speciality to count towards master scuba diver. Other agency course will not work.

Ahoy.

Cheers.
recognize it for what?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom