SSI sidemount instructors in canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i tried posting this same question in the SSI forum and had no replies.

does anyone here know of any SSI side mount instructors in canada ?? i have checked the ssi web site and checked the profile of every ssi shop in the country and found none listed. but i know sometimes shops don't always keep those profiles up to date.
thx
rick

Curious, why SSI? Steve Lewis (TDI , PSAI) is in your back yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Steve and I will be at Gilboa from the 25th through the 31st. I'm doing Advanced Wreck Instructor (and maybe another rating depending on how it goes) in Sidemount with him. I did his SM diver class last year. You won't get much better up here. Or anywhere for that matter.

Oh and we'll both be diving the new HOG Sidemount rigs.:D

Curious, why SSI?

i am affiliated with SSI now and am pursuing my dive con and ow instructor with them as well. been looking into the availability of doing a side mount course up here with an ssi shop and cannot find one. thought maybe someone here might know. i even emailed ssi and they told me to check their web site which did not help.

Many agencies accept "or equivalent", so if you are unable to locate an SSI instructor, I'd definitely recommend Steve. Or myself (shameless plug) as I teach UTD/SDI/PADI although I rarely make it out east.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i also teach all the above and im in ontario ....and an instructor trainer ......

i also teach all the above and im in ontario ....and an instructor trainer ......

by "i also teach all of the above" i assume you mean you are certified by utd/sdi/padi ?? not ssi ??

Rick: I had a meeting yesterday with Dean at the Dive Academy in Oakville. His is an SSI shop. I will be running some sidemount workshops for him over the summer with a view to getting him squared away... and at some point, certifying him and his staff (those who are interested) in teaching sidemount... the flavor of the card is, in my opinion, totally immaterial and therefore although I will be certifying them PSAI/TDI/SDI I am positive that they will be issuing certs via SSI.

Give dean a call 905-847-9595 and tell him Steve Lewis suggested you call.

Of course, you may also be interested in joining one of the programs and learning first-hand as it were.

Back
Top Bottom