SSI course crossover?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warmwaterpls

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a LDS that's SSI and the people there are totally wonderful. Aside from the fact that the courses are way cheaper than at the other PADI LDS, I'd really like to have the pleasure of being taught by one of their instructors.
In the end, I'm aiming for my PADI Divemaster, then IDC.

This leads me to my question: what courses can I take with SSI that would surely be recognized by PADI (eg: Nitrox certification) and that would/could count towards my qualifications/goal.

Thanking you in advance for helping me.

To start their DM course, PADI requires candidates to have
PADI Advanced Open Water
PADI Rescue
EFR Primary Care
EFR Secondary Care
or equivalents.

Equivalents are:
Advanced - "proof of certification beyond entry-level (at least two certifications total); proof of 20 or more logged dives; documented experience in deep diving and underwater navigation"
Rescue - "proof of certification in diving rescue"
EFR Primary - "current CPR training"
Secondary - "current first aid training"

( Also required: 18 years of age, 40 logged dives, and a medical release )

PADI will recognise all SSI certs, but you'll have to submit copies of the cert... For example if you are SSI Rescue and want to do a PADI IDC, you need to attach a copy of the SSI cert to the paperwork. Also if you want to be a PADI Nitrox Instructor, you need to attach a copy of the SSI Nitrox cert to the Specialty Instructor application.

As Bubble junky mentioned, PADI will recognize all of your certifications, so the best way I think would be to Complete your DM at your local LDS and then cross over with your IDC. The only additional extras would be that you would have to get hold of some of the PADI materials from previous courses that you would need for your IDC as well.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom