SSI continuing education

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diven

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am having trouble with my local SSI Shop and getting together with them to work towqard my mster diver and dive con eventually. Because of my 11 hour work days I am not able to attend classes at night and was wondering if there was a way to get the book work done online or order the courses on line to complete at home?

SSI doesn't have any online training. You could talk to your dealer and ask if you can view the videos and complete the chapter reviews at home and then meet with an instructor for the quiz and open water dives.

That would be strictly up to the dive shop. You still have to do open water dives for the specialty to count toward Advanced Open Water and Master Diver.

DiveCon is an extensive course. You may be allowed to do the 12 classroom modules by self-study if your dive center allows. But, you will have to observe an entire open water class from start to finish and you will have to prepare classroom and water presentations and be graded on them.

You could also negotiate with an instructor for private training sessions. With your work schedule you have an ambitious set of goals. Take your time and spread them out.

Hello, first of all I'm new in scubabord
I don't want to start new topic and i think that this is good for my question, have someone a SSI TRAINING DIAGRAM, i can't find in www

you are fast :D
thank you very much charlesg3, this isn't exactly wath I look for, because i want to have something like PADI, I woudl like to know what I must do and what i needn't do to do next courses,

P.S.
Sorry for my english but I'm foreign

EDIT:
i looking something like this but with all of courses

Attachments

• SSI evolution.JPG
    SSI evolution.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 122
you are fast :D
thank you very much charlesg3, this isn't exactly wath I look for, because i want to have something like PADI, I woudl like to know what I must do and what i needn't do to do next courses,

P.S.
Sorry for my english but I'm foreign

EDIT:
i looking something like this but with all of courses

Hello Frimp, I'm not sure where you're located but SSI shops can handle the way to progress to different levels in different manners. A number of shops will only teach one speciality at a time. Others will group them and teach more than one. For example, in my area, there are 4 SSI shops. Two teach only individual specialties and two group different specialties. From my experiences, grouping them is the better of the two setups, assuming you can get the specalties you want. You'll just have to talk to your local dive shop and see what they offer.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom