SS Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

solteszkristian

Registered
Reaction score
Hello.

Hi i was wondering if anybody could mail me the dimensions (including angles) of the OMS SS backplate (halcyon, dive-rite etc. would do too). Im really not interested in the positions of drilled holes, only the contour and angles.

I have bought a cheap wing, and custom-made my own harness, now only the BP is missing. since i have a workshop, i will build it myself, only problem is i havent found the dimensions of it anywere. Would be really nice if you could just take some measurements on yours and mail em to me..

THANKS

/Chris

This is why:

At the persent im diving a mares synchro with my doubles, which i wouldn't recommend - they literally tear it apart, even though i've bolted them to the "backplate". Sooner or later it will die, if it doesnt kill me first...

Hi Chris,
I saw these plans it may help you.
scuba do it yourself On the home page look for the link other peoples projects, then the link Plans of Alex Deas.
Good luck with your project
P.S. I would also like one:D

Hi Rick,
The links page is brilliant, though some are now dead. That site and diving myths and Realities have enough links on diving to satisfy the need of any full time browser. I like good DIY scuba sites so if you see any good ones please let us all know.
Regards,
Budgy

Hi Budgy!!
Anouther great site thanks!
I like the river diving tools section!!
If I find any real good sites ill post them.
thanks again Rick L

hi all
would appreciate if anyone can post or mail me the dimensions as I just order a Halcyon wing, especially the dimensions and distances for the tank straps slots in the backplate (needed for the new version of the Halcyon wings). thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom