SRP Tray with 2 cams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dor1813

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone tried mounting 2 cameras to SRP Tray? Will it be too heavy?

I am planning to buy another camera (Canon + Fantasea Housing) and mount it with the Gopro.

How do I solve the problem with the heavy weight if I include 2 Sola video lights and one strobe?

Any advice and suggestions much appreciated.

This isn't the SRP tray, but has the equivalent of 5 cameras on it:

From left to right as you view the picture: ATC Chameleon camera with two lenses---one aimed forward the other backward, a GoPro 3D Hero system---two cameras facing forward, and a Looxcie HD in the newly announced underwater housing.

The cameras don't really add much mass, but each light is about 2lbs and the tray and arms another 2, for a total dry weight of about 10lbs. To compensate I made two floats of divinycell foam and the rig is neutral at depth. It's laughable, but works well.

Well, Martcerv mounted up to 4 and 6 at once: img20120913063047ys.jpg but here is a pic of his double mount on SRP tray: 20120402122918smaller.jpg

He would be the guy to ask. He likes lots of cameras.:eyebrow:

Thanks so much for the assurance.

I will not hesitate to start building up my new rig.

Also, thanks for introducing the ATC and Looxcie!:wink:

Thanks Dauntless! But I am trying to imagine mounting Fantasea GF15 and Gopro side by side.

Is your camera housing Ikelite? Is it bigger than the Fantasea housing?
I am wondering why you choose to mount the Gopro below instead of side by side.. due to space constraint, convenience?

Isn't easier to press the shutter from topside instead of reaching to the bottom of the Gopro?

Sorry too many questions cos I want to be sure which housing size fits The Tray together with GoPro and whether it would better to mount them side by side or just like how you did.

Thanks again.

Thanks Dauntless! But I am trying to imagine mounting Fantasea GF15 and Gopro side by side.

Is your camera housing Ikelite? Is it bigger than the Fantasea housing?
I am wondering why you choose to mount the Gopro below instead of side by side.. due to space constraint, convenience?

Isn't easier to press the shutter from topside instead of reaching to the bottom of the Gopro?

Sorry too many questions cos I want to be sure which housing size fits The Tray together with GoPro and whether it would better to mount them side by side or just like how you did.

Thanks again.

Obviously like I did :) Seriously though, you can make just about any configuration with the SRP tray with the slots on both wings. Don't know much about your housing but you can mount an Ikelite housing attach to each side in the slots with #12 ss screws.

I just turn on the GoPro at the first of the dive and hit the shutter button at the first sign of a video opportunity Also, the camera LED functions as a LED for the GoPro with it mounted under the other camera. Just seems to work well, but you could maybe mount the GoPro on top of the other camera but it would be directly in line with lights, under is the best. The width of the tray and height of the handles is in a 16:9 aspect ratio so it functions as a crude view finder, side by side looses this helpful tool. When sharks are whizzing by, don't have time to think about what you are doing, just point the tray and line up the shot between the handles and pray.

It has worked for me is all I can say

Here is thevideo you see me taking [video=youtube_share;S7CzSfHw4Go]http://youtu.be/S7CzSfHw4Go[/video]

Andanother with over under [video=youtube_share;FcLr5i0Zg_o]http://youtu.be/FcLr5i0Zg_o[/video]

Just wanted to add, IMO feeding sharks is wrong, we are not feeding sharks here nor have they been fed to attract them. The sharks are herding the bait ball in this location and we found that crinkling a plastic bottle, they come over to investigate. Please don't feed bears, alligators or sharks. Also, don't try this unless you are an experienced diver and have a plan to cover each others back and have a safe hole to duck into :) not sure I would attempt this on open sand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom