SRP tray problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of a source other than directly going to SRP for hardware? My local dealer is having problems with getting anything from them.

The little flat head "T" bolt that holds the handle onto the tray broke, my gorilla grip over tightened the handle and the damn bolt broke when I was putting it to gather for an upcoming trip.

I contacted SRP via telephone and left a message, an email quickly followed yesterday at noon, their time. No response either way!!!:(

We have a BHB trip coming up and I need to get it sorted before then.

Thanks

Are you talking about these? SRP Tray Keys

I've been kind of fearful of maybe doing the same thing you did. I'll probably order myself that set of spare keys. I gather you were able to get the broken end out of the grips threading?

You can just order them directly from that link. They are not listed as out of stock and only cost about 15 bucks.

give them a little bit to get back to you. I have had nothing but stellar customer service from SRP. Over the top in fact.

temporary (or permanent) solution = hardware store - SS bolts/washers.

Thanks guys. That was going to be my fix DJT. I am pretty good at rigging stuff when things break. Bailing wire and duct tape are in my save a dive kit.:wink:

They invoiced me today and everything is good. I called them to confirm the order and they sent me 2 bolts for free. :D

The bolt that broke was the one that attaches the handles to the base. I over tightened the handle when I was twisting it on. I told them to send me an extra one incase I do it again, the lady said no problem.

Now I have to get the broken bolt out of the handle. I have a reverse drill bit that should do the trick.

temporary (or permanent) solution = hardware store - SS bolts/washers.

That's a good point. Would be preferable to find the right SS bolt that would fit into the trays slot cut.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom