SR1 blowing up problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

race890 - Sherwood is on series run "K" at this time, I know they had C, D, E, F, G series as well. I would venture to say they have knocked out the problems, but they took a lot crap in the process. I think they learned a valued lesson from it. your call. I still use one and it does the job well. The 2nd stage is bomb proof. I put a SR1 second stage on a Maximus first stage and it was SHWEET! Hope this helps. Do your research B4 you buy!

Thanks for that great info', I hope that Sherwood have the series marked on the Reg & a dealer will know how to look for for it.
Also, as I understand it; the SR1 1st is a Bal-piston (like a ScubaPro Mk25) but with a Dry-seal enviroprotection diphragm (like Apeks, Aqualung, Oceanic etc Diaphragm 1st Stages have); whereas the Maximus is Envri-protected by a slow trickle of bubbles. Performance being quite the same anyway. Is that correct ?

Also, as I understand it; the SR1 1st is a Bal-piston (like a ScubaPro Mk25) but with a Dry-seal enviroprotection diphragm (like Apeks, Aqualung, Oceanic etc Diaphragm 1st Stages have); whereas the Maximus is Envri-protected by a slow trickle of bubbles. Performance being quite the same anyway. Is that correct ?

Not in my view - there is a quantum leap in performance between the SR1 and the Maximus. The WOB on the SR1 is miniscule - I believe it is the lowest of any regulator on the market today, but I could be wrong about that.

I bought an SR1 last year in June. I only have 30 dives on it but have had no problems. I am going home tonight and check the serial number on it. I think it is a great regulator. Now I am concerned.

OK, no problem. Mine has a serial number that starts with H. I have had no problems with it.

What the rub about the second stage seat saver. Is it like Atomic's and is it a problem when you dunk the thing in water after diving to rinse? Is there a risk that water will make it's way back into the reg?

Adam

Sherwood's Seat Saver technology is different than Atomics. It does the same thing though. And putting the reg in the rinse tank does not create any problems for the regulator!

Sherwood Scuba

except if it is not under pressure, as specified in the owner manuel

race890 - Sherwood is on series run "K" at this time, I know they had C, D, E, F, G series as well. I would venture to say they have knocked out the problems, but they took a lot crap in the process. I think they learned a valued lesson from it. your call. I still use one and it does the job well. The 2nd stage is bomb proof. I put a SR1 second stage on a Maximus first stage and it was SHWEET! Hope this helps. Do your research B4 you buy!

I decided after my two "pops" to decline a third trial of the SRI and went to the Maximus. Definately not as smooth as the SRI however nobody suggested to try the 2nd stage with the Maximus 1st stage . Never did see a refund from my LDS for the step down to the Maximus. I too have had the free flow from the Gemini as described by others on this site. My Insight Dive computer will not download into my laptop as also descibed in other posts.
I'm thinking about making a country record.
Back to Cozumel at the end of Nov. with my Sherwood diving gear and will report how my equipment performed, honestly.

Good to see the rep jumped in here. I have an SR1 and have so far logged 8 dives with it. Great reg! The only downfall is the small mouthpiece which I will replace at some stage.

All I need now is for the Sherwood rep to read and reply to my post about my Wisdom....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom