SR-12 workflow help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharksdelight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I know nothing of the SR12 but just came back from filming the great whites at Guadelupe where a friend had bought that cam for his wife. He was using a Mac Pro laptop and Final Cut Pro but was unfamiliar with anything in FCP. The only cable he had with him was a cam firewire cable of some sort to USB which went into his laptop. I didn't think that would work as USB is so slow. Was he using the correct cable for the 12? Then I showed him how to go to the Log and Transfer window, but it seemed as if he could only queue up whole clips. His in and out point controls were grayed out. Once a clip was added to the queue, the spinning wheel of death came on. A force quit showed me that FC was unresponding.
If you know, could you provide a step by step workflow for ingesting his footage so that I can share this with him. I would very much appreciate it.
Steve

fCP

I own the same cam and used the program Final Cut Pro
the Steps to transfer files from cam to Final Cut:
Arrived as USB cable from the cam to the computer
Open Final Cut
Chosen from a file log and transfer
Will show a new window where you find the image is received and sections
Select a section to upload and press add selection to queue

After downloading the sections closed the window and you will find all the sections in the list of the top sections timeline

I hope I have helped you
And accept the greetings

Back
Top Bottom