Spring Straps Too Tight (Deep 6 Eddys)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MARK1992

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering if there might be suggestions and solutions out there to help with my predicament.

L Deep 6 Eddy on long, slim foot. Fits well width wise but the straps squeeze my foot uncomfortably hard even at the loosest screw setting. I'm not aware of lengthier spring straps that are compatible with the mounting style of the Eddys so I'm not even sure buying a replacement would work. I've removed the orange thumb pull things for a few more millimetres but they're still tight.

Spacers? DIY bungee straps?

Thanks for your input!

call D6 and ask if the spring strap on XL or XXL is longer and if they will exchange/sell you the larger spring strap. Every time I have called about something they are always very helpful.

call D6 and ask if the spring strap on XL or XXL is longer and if they will exchange/sell you the larger spring strap. Every time I have called about something they are always very helpful.
Good point. Don't really think they can exchange it as I bought them 2nd hand, but will try! Thank you! (Apt username too btw!)

There is nothing unique about the mounting system, the screw goes through the spring eye.
I use bungee tied onto the screw, so much easier than springs.

The spring extension is limited by the cord inside. Install a slightly longer cord which should not compromise the spring as long as not excessive.

Bungees, by far! They are easier to get in and out of than springs, more comfortable, and a lot cheaper to replace.

full.jpg

This. I know I’ve read of at least one person swapping out the spring strap to the larger size.

I use bungee tied onto the screw, so much easier than springs.
@lex how about a picture?
I like bungee more than springs too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom