Spring straps are figuratively killing me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Laconic

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I love my Slipstreams, but on every dive this week, the spring strap was digging into my left heel, causing discomfort bordering on real pain. (My right heel was fine. Weird.)

It's possible I should have gone to XXL instead of XL (I'm a size 11), but they don't seem too big otherwise, so I'd rather not spend on a new pair. Any ideas on padding? My cave guide suggested taking a piece of webbing, putting holes in either end, and sticking the strap through it, which sounds worth a try. Or I thought I could sacrifice some neoprene from an old wetsuit and superglue a tube of it around the strap. Any better ideas, or do I really need to go up a size?

I've seen springs inside rubber tubing as well as inside a sleeve of webbing material similar to that seen on large hose clamps used on stage bottle rigging.
Change booties? Or add more socks if diving dry?

I had to make custom sized springs to make my slipstreams fit right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom